Eat Right – Train Smart
3 tips for Eating Right…
- If your tummy is constantly irritated and inflamed? How do you expect to Nourish and Strengthen Your Body?
- Just because you Ate it – Doesn’t mean you Absorbed It
- If What You Eat or How You Eat is Inflaming your Gut – You Need to Fix it!
- All that extra protein and supplements you are swallowing and paying for may not be getting absorbed.
2. Has Your Metabolism Shifted?
- You Burn Calories to produce Energy by burning carbohydrates, proteins and fats!
- Burning more calories doesn’t mean – burning more calories from FATS.
- People who struggle with weight gain, fatigue, cravings, mood swings, hormonal imbalance, etc….are typically burning more carbs and proteins (lean muscle), than Fats throughout the day!
- The right diet and dietary habits will keep you in your ‘fat-burning’ zone 23/7
3. Is Stress that Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- The best diet could be thwarted by too much stress and cortisol
- Cortisol stimulates your metabolism to burn more carbohydrates and proteins, instead of Fats.
- An Inflamed Gut or allowing your Blood Sugar to spike-and-fall triggers a surge in cortisol
4 Tips for Training Smart…
- Can your body handle the additional stress?
- Not all exercise is Stress Reducing
- The more intense your workout – the more cortisol you produce
- Maybe you’ve over-loaded your body and that’s why you haven’t been able to burn the fat and add lean muscle!
- The more intense your workout – the more testosterone (TT) and growth hormone (GH) you produce
- I didn’t say, the longer you ‘fatigue and exercise’ your body – I said the More Intense Your workout – the more you spike your TT and GH.
- TT and GH builds lean muscle – and after age 35 keeps You from Losing Lean Muscle
- Aerobic, low intensity, endurance training are great, but do they spike you TT and GH enough?
- The worst thing you can do when you exercise is Burn Lean Muscle (proteins), but it happens All The Time1
- The intensity (the pace) of your workout determines if you burn Sugars (carbs and proteins) or FATS for energy.
- Don’t assume your aerobic workout is ‘fat-burning’ – you could be training at too fast of a pace, and be burning carbs and proteins (lean muscle) for energy….NOT FATS!
- Check out our Do-It-Yourself Fitness Test
- It’s OK to burn sugars – but if you think you are burning FATS and you Aren’t and You Don’t have enough Carbs in you to get your through a workout. You’re Burning Lean Muscle (proteins) for Energy.
4. Stress, Cortisol and Over-Stressing Your Body
- True aerobic exercise is stress reducing
- Doing your aerobic activity a little too fast for your level of conditioning is Stress Producing
- Are your workouts more intense than you think? Which triggers more cortisol?
- Do your workouts and lifestyle keep your cortisol levels elevated, which could be slowing down your results?
Have you had your cortisol levels measured?
Exercise is when you tear the body down…it’s the ‘catabolic’ breakdown phase. The quicker you get your stress hormones back to normal after a workout – the sooner you activate your body’s Natural Anabolic Rebuild and Repair phase.
Don’t let the stresses of your day, hurry-up, go-go-go, etc….keep you in your catabolic phase longer than you need to be.